The key performance indicator for a successful organisation or group or team is collaboration.
A successful team everywhere in the world has effective and efficient collaborative machinery as a passion for success.
To improve your team, identify the following symptoms of lack of collaboration and overcome them.
- Poor Communication.
Team members suppose to communicate effectively with one another, through both written and verbal means. Teams with poor communication skills are often operating from different informational points and are never entirely certain what other teammates are working on or what progress is being made. This can result in misunderstanding, time wasted going in the wrong direction and frustration when work must be repeated.
- Bad Attitude.
A team of individuals who have bad attitudes toward colleagues, the company or work products is ineffective. For example, if team members are unwilling to brainstorm and compromise, share ideas and support one another on project tasks, projects are fragmented and often poorly approached.
- Unwillingness to Cooperate.
When team members exhibit selfish behaviors and are unwilling to concede points or compromise to reach consensus, progress is impeded.
Teams composed of people who have drastically different personalities and business philosophies and also fail to recognise and accommodate each other’s opinions can lead to infighting.
When team members are constantly at odds with one another, ongoing conflict can impede progress. Teammates who can’t collectively decide on approach, or who argue about division of labor, are often unable to get anything done. Personality clashes, when left unaddressed, also have the potential to lower morale and make all members of the team miserable.
My humble appeal to you is to make a personal assessment of yourself if you are one of these symptoms? If your answer is yes, please adopt strategies to change to the betterment of your group or team.
Every individual belongs to one or more groups as a human, it could be workplace team, church, football, clubs and organisations, alumni, to mention but few.
Are you building or destroying?
Reference: Lisa McQuerrey of Career trends.
Please contact us:
Ankwanoma & Associate provides;
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES in Professional Accounting and Bookkeeping, Payroll, Internal Auditing, Business Analysis Services in addition to
- E-COMMERCE DROP SHIPPING BUSINESS in Business and Home Security, Security Systems, Cameras and Alarms, Security Keys and Locks, Electronics and Electrical Supplies, Computers and Laptops, Electrical Supplies, Electronics and Accessories, Phones and Accessories, Watches, Jewelry and Accessories, Technology, Automobiles & Accessories and other trending products.
- CATERING SERVICES in assorted pastries, food and bakery so please place your order.
- BLOG – Search our blog for useful assorted articles.